"Lost and Found "-
Release Date: April 12, 2005
Released by: Epic Records
Mudvayne returns with a heavier feel on their new release "Lost & Found." There's not many radio friendly songs
here but they do have a few that come close. None the
less this album is a great breath of fresh air and shows
what great songwriters they have turned into.
1. Determined - Great song to start this album with. Power house guitars along with a rock solid drum & bass foundation. A very solid track.
2. Pushing Through - This track does have a
Mudvayne sound that you've become accustomed to
but nicely structured.
3. Happy? - Here is the only really radio track on the CD but even though it has a commercial feel to it, it still has a very heavy quality to it.
4. IMN - Long beginning but it's worth it once it kicks in. Another rock solid heavy guitar track. Great chorus
just adds to the perfection of this song.
5. Fall Into Sleep - Acoustic/Electric intro & verse has a
calm feel to start things off. Very catchy chorus.
6. Rain.Sun.Gone - I like the different chord structure to
start this song & then we go into a heavy mute filled
7. Choices - Kind of Jazzy/Blues heavy feel to the intro.
Nice voicing by the guitar to accent the vocals in the verse
and kind of a Korn feel to the middle of the verse
section with children style vocals.
8. Forget To Remember - I love the verse part & the way
the guitar effect adds to the drum foundation being
laid down behind it.
9. TV Radio - Probably the most commercial on the CD, probably could be the next single. Good overall track.
10. Just - Fist in the mouth approach here and it doesn't let up until they see blood.
11. All That You Are - Atmospheric beginning and then chorus laden guitars enter to add to the feel. Very
and collected song here which works.
12. Pulling The String - Reminds me of tracks from
LD.50 CD, but I loved that CD so it work all the way
around. Delayed guitars help fill up the verse parts.
Chad Grey - Vocals
Gregg Tribbett - Guitars
Ryan Martinie - Bass
M. McDonough - Drums
Kill I Oughta - 1998
LD50 - 2000
The Beginning Of All Things To End - (Reissue) 2001
The End Of All Things To Come - 2002
Lost & Found - 2005
Mudvayne is from Los Angeles, CA and tour on a regular basis. You can sample music at the official Mudvayne website or by visiting the Mudvayne page at
CD Review by Shawn Brandon - Copyright © 2005 Florida Entertainment Scene - All Rights Reserved.