"The Fury of Our Maker's Hand " CD Review
Release Date: June 28, 2005
Released by: Roadrunner Records
This is the second release from ex-Coal Chamber singer
Dez Fafara's band DevilDriver. This album is even stronger than their debut self titled release & combines a lot
of elements from Death Metal & Black Metal to make it
heavier. This is a must have album!
1. End Of The Line - Song starts with nice calm
acoustic guitars & then you get punched in the mouth for
five minutes. Strong guitar riff oriented song.
2. Driving Down The Darkness - They should have called it conjuring up the darkness cause this has evil written all
3. Grindf**ked - Nice guitar effects start the song, then a
good steady groove riff for the verse. Great Drum work throughout!
4. Hold back The day - Kind of an old 60's feel to the opening acoustic riff. Verse riff is tremolo picking all the way until it settles into a thrash based guitar riff.
5. Sin & Sacrifice - Chorus effect laden beginning. Great Hammer on-Pull off riff follows into a nice solo part. Great chorus riff, very solid.
6. Ripped Apart - Thrashy guitars open this track while the drummer lays down a rock solid foundation
7. Pale Horse Apocalypse - The guitars here have kinda the same feel as last track but again the drummer here doesn't
an outstanding just changing tempos & adding flavor to
8. Just Run - Track starts with delay filled guitars. Nice
fast paced borderline Death Metal song.
9. Impending Disaster - Tremolo guitars start track 9 but
then break down into a good steady riff until they return to faster pace picking style
10. Bear Witness Unto - Song kinda reminds me of a few sludge metal bands if they were to play fast paced riffs. It
just has that overall feel to it kinda swampy
11. Before The Hangman's Noose - I love the opening riff,
it's kind of different than the other tracks here & a bit slower
12. The Fury Of Our Maker's Hand - This song could only be the title track. Very strong song here with a lot of different elements involved.
Dez Fafara - vocals
Mike Spreitzer - guitar
Jeff Kendrick - guitar
Jon Miller - bass
John Boecklin - Drums
Self Titled 2003
The Fury Of Our Maker's Hand 2005
DevilDriver is from Los Angeles, CA and tour on a regular basis. You can sample their music by going
DevilDriver page at Myspace.com.
CD Review by Shawn Brandon - Copyright © 2005 Florida Entertainment Scene - All Rights Reserved.